Monday, April 28, 2014

Pimples

Oh gosh... I am breaking out like crazy. It's probably due to the fact that I am totally out of my US products and my skin is not adjusting to Korean products very well. >.< It's quite depressing when you invest in your skin like no other.

Yesterday during class one of my 5th grade boys touched one of the pimples on my face and goes "Is it a pimple?" in Korean. Never has a kid touched my pimple... Haha I found it touching and funny. Anyone who touches a pimple is kind enough to not be disgusted, but who would touch someone else's pimple in the first place?! xD

He then goes to my Korean co-teacher "How come Vicky has a lot of pimples?" As I slowly crumble and die inside, my co-teacher goes "I have many too." But obviously her face is quite clear compared to mine. She's too kind. Then the kid automatically goes "Oh, so you have a lot of makeup on?" Kids...

Korea is super obsessed with physical looks. It can be depressing if you have quite serious issues like adult acne. A lot of my life I have tried many many things to cure or at least control these blemishes on my face. I was actually doing well before coming to Korea. But my change in environment and product availability has changed the condition of my face. I am back to my high school face. Why me?! I always try to overcome the issue, and I do, but it's quite hard to always see the positive when you are greeted with uneven and very blemished skin everyday.
Living in Korea, I am constantly reminded of the importance of beautiful skin. Women layer on makeup, have very fine pores, and many do have beautiful skin. How you look is the number one thing a Korean person worries about. I find it a little sad. I feel if I were to worry so much about myself on the outside, I would forget the importance of what's in the inside. That is why sometimes I believe even though I do not have very much confidence in my blemished skin, my strong sense of confidence comes from my independent character and love for who I am. I feel as long as I remember that, I will be able to overcome and stay strong.  

These blemishes may physically effect me, but should not mentally effect me. Insecurities are annoying and slowly ruin people. I don't want that to happen, therefore I focus on my many positives. I am very thankful for the people who look pass my physical looks and don't even notice it. When people can see you for who you are inside, it's when you know you are understood and appreciated. I always remember (Excuse my French) "Fuck pimples, I'm freakin awesome. I hate you and you hate me, but you ain't gonna ruin me." Yeah, life can be tough... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment