So I have signed up for a gym this week. It's a very nice small gym that is one floor with all the essentials. I mainly use the treadmill and mats. I have not ran since the 5K I participated in a couple months ago. It felt so good to just let go of some energy. It also made my body feel a lot better and less groggy. Woot! So I thought it would be interesting to share some of my observation and differences:
1. We don't wipe down after using the machine.
2. No one really runs on the treadmills.
3. Everyone's workout seems quite casual. (other than the muscle men)
That's all I noticed. haha. Maybe because my gym is quite small, the people who go there do quite simple routines.
I will admit that I felt a little weird always being the only runner sometimes. Compared to most of the other people working out, I'm like the sweating monster going out for a nice distressing work out. And these current runs aren't even the worse I can do, I have sweated more in my workouts in the US. I'm not sure why, but I feel the treadmill I use propels me so well that I'm not as tired as when I ran the same amount on my Dad's treadmill. Weird huh. Most people go on long walks/ power walks on the treadmill. I think a main reason for not really wiping down equipment has to do with the fact that none of the Koreans really sweat buckets. So luckily, the gym doesn't really smell either. Overall, I like my gym. The atmosphere is really friendly and the owner is a really kind muscle man. He has big guns and it's just really cool to see a Korean male with huge arms. Haha. Can't wait to tone up and look good ^.^
No comments:
Post a Comment